In several flavors of ice cream, the food discounter Aldi sells, might get metal parts. Aldi Nord and Aldi Süd have the products from the sale. The manufacturer Froneri Ice Cream, Germany reported on Friday.
Recall at Aldi Nord
Aldi Nord recalls, therefore, the following four ice cream products with a minimum durability date 30.4.2020:
- 500-ml beaker of the “Supreme Rich & Creamy“ variety, Macadamia Nut (A, 8278, A 8281)
- “Trader Joe’s Ice Cream American Style, 500 ml beaker,” Cookie Dough (codes A, 8284, A-8285),
- “Trader Joe’s Ice Cream American Style, 500 ml beaker,” groove Loves Choco (A, 8283, A-8284)
- “Trader Joe’s Ice Cream American Style, 500 ml beaker,” Cookie, Double Trouble (A 8281, A 8282, A 8283) Froneri Ice Cream, Germany, Aldi gets the products from “Trader Joe’s”-product range
Affected ice cream at Aldi Süd
At Aldi Süd, the capital of Philippines, with the date of minimum durability 30.4.2020 and all of the codes from the callback is affected:
- “Grandessa ice cream 500ml Cup” of the variety Cookie Dough
Other article of the brands were not affected. Customers could return the products for a refund of the purchase price in the respective market.
However, not only the two discounters have to call back products: Lidl warns against the E. coli bacteria in raw milk cheese. The cheese should not be eaten, in order to rule out an infection.
Also read: a Long time it was quiet – discounters defended brand’s core: a Matter of price battle between Aldi and Lidl is raging