The dust was “live” and more dangerous to health

The study, researchers from northwestern University in USA, studied samples of dust showed that the dust consists of dead skin particles, as was previously thought. It turned out that the dust can be an assemblage of the mass of living organisms, and represents a more serious threat to human health than many admit.

“It is believed that all the dust is dead. But in fact it is not. There are organisms that live in it. Dust is the final resting place for everything that circulates in the air,” – said in this regard, lead author Dr. Eric Hartman.
According to the scientist, together with colleagues they have found a new, more substantial hazard dust health. We are talking about the ability of the microbes that live in the dust, modified under the influence of antibacterial components of different cleaners. The use of antibacterial agents to combat dust and dirt may contribute to the development of antibiotic-resistant infections, experts say.

Based on what this opinion? Scientists collected several dozen samples of the dust of the gyms where often used antibacterial agents. Having studied the genetic makeup present in dust bacteria, the researchers stated: the dust, “live” from a host living of microorganisms, also has the property to accumulate in a large number of chemical compound triclosan. According to experts, the higher was the level of triclosan in the dust, the greater the number of genetic markers indicated a resistance to antibiotics. Note that in 2017 in the U.S. triclosan has been banned for use in production cleaning and hygiene after scientists discovered some of its hazardous effects.

Scientists summarize: to fight with live dust is better not to use antibiotics, especially in enclosed spaces. Otherwise there is a serious danger that the neighborhood begins to develop a microflora, is resistant to serious drugs. In the United States from antibiotic resistant infections every year die up to 25 thousand people.

Magicforum earlier wrote about what can be hazardous for the Christmas tree.