Every second German has to contend with hemorrhoids – nevertheless, one can hardly speak about the subject. FOCUS Online has a specialist for hemorrhoids surgery five embarrassing questions that no one dares else to ask.
Each Second has to do with men and women – and it still is hemorrhoids a taboo subject. Many dare not even to ask the doctor appropriate questions. Reliable and accurate information would be so important to the knotty, sometimes blood to treat extensions of the intestinal output correctly, so that they disappear permanently, or at least not worse.
FOCUS Online was therefore a specialist, the most important questions on the topic of hemorrhoids: Dirk Wilhelm, managing senior physician and specialist in General and visceral surgery at the clinic and polyclinic for surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, TU München. We especially intestinal surgery, often also called Hämorrhoidektomien.
1. Question: If hemorrhoids sometimes bleed, I need to make the operate, or even a treatment with ointments?
Dirk Wilhelm: hemorrhoids can be in all four stages of bleeding. Short to the severity of the hemorrhoids:
- Stage one means that the hemorrhoidal tissue often has expanded to a location in the anal canal.
- In stage two these hemorrhoids can occur in the short term during bowel movements out, but then again independently.
- Stage 3 means that the well-trodden hemorrhoids in the anal canal back. So you are clearly palpable, but can be manually pushed back.
- In stage 4 you are in front of the anal channel and can no longer return route. This condition is also referred to as a prolapse.
Especially in stage one and two is typical, for example, that after a bowel movement with traces of blood on the toilet paper. Usually a local treatment suffices in the case of these severity levels, such as with ointments. The situation is different in stage three and four. Sometimes heavy bleeding can occur. Surgery is useful. Ultimately, the decision is always made by the Patient – whether he wants surgery or not.
2. Question: when should I have surgery?
Dirk Wilhelm: The should to the stadiums. Important as much as necessary, but as little as possible to avoid traumas. And the method should be chosen so that the cure of success is greatest. In stage one, it would operate übertherapiert. In other cases, depending on the severity and how many hemorrhoids nodes are available, different surgical options.
3. Question: Are there methods hemorrhoids to remove especially gently?
Dirk Wilhelm: it Is just a hemorrhoid in the stage 2, is about the rubber band ligation useful. In this case, the feed is during a rectoscopy at the end of the blood vessel is pinched off with a rubber band. As a result, the flow stops the hemorrhoids, the vessel is, so to speak, gathered. I compare that with a lift. In consequence of the extension forms, the haemorrhoid shrinks and forms back. The Whole is part of a rectum examination. The treatment is painless and anaesthesia is not necessary.
In stage 3 and 4 is usually recommended a hemorrhoidectomy. The enlarged tissue is surgically removed, the tiny wound sutured. There are several hemorrhoids, is not sutured, because otherwise in the context of the Abheilens of the anal canal close can be. Then an open wound healing is useful. The prolapse is treated with the method according to Longo. For this purpose, the surgeon uses a round bracket apparatus, the dances, a mucosal cuff from the rectum, the entire fabric to the top draws, then clings, and so the anal canal is fixed.
4. Question: How high is the risk that hemorrhoids occur after a surgery?
Dirk Wilhelm: In the place that was treated, form, not again, but sometimes at another. Hemorrhoids occur mainly of three specific “risk-Set” of the anal canal. All three Bodies have been treated in a professional manner, there is almost no risk. The Same is true for patients operated by the method according to Longo, the risk for re-hemorrhoids is very small.
5. Question: what are the measures I can to reduce the risk of developing hemorrhoids?
Dirk Wilhelm: hemorrhoids are small sponge, similar to that from the plexuses of blood vessels. Anything that restricts the blood outflow from the sponge, increases the risk for hemorrhoids – you will fill and remain permanently expanded. To prevent this, you should
- The chair is bulky, he has the blood of massaged tissue of the Hemorrhoidal. Ballast substances support and also facilitate bowel emptying.
- During defecation presses can be avoided. The hemorrhoids swell, the connective tissue slackens.
- You waive overly tight pants, because they cut off the blood flow.
- You can strengthen your pelvic floor with pelvic floor exercises. This promotes the blood flow from the hemorrhoidal plexus in the anal canal, and in addition supports intestinal activity – protects twice before hemorrhoids.